You are invited to submit a chapter proposal for a handbook about Advancing Equity and Inclusion Through Educational Technology.
Chapter proposals (1.000 to 2.000 words) may be submitted at https://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/6001, on or before Wednesday, 15 June 2022.
Digital technologies play a significant role in the popular imagination about the future of education, as they are a prominent aspect of modern education provision and practice across the globe. Due to the increased adoption of digital education materials during the pandemic, the pedagogical significance of digital technology has been amplified. As a result, the optimism that digital technologies can alter education along expanding and liberating lines is being vigorously advocated once more, despite their inconsistent history (Facer & Selwyn, 2021).
Facer, K. & Selwyn, N. 2021. Digital technology and the futures of education – towards ‘non-stupid’ optimism. Paper commissioned for the UNESCO Futures of Education report (forthcoming, 2021).
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Mobile and Blended Learning • Global Education • Open Education • Home Schooling • Critical Factors in Distance Education • The Cognitive, Affective, and Social Dimensions of Teaching and Learning
2. Implementation Considerations:
• Case studies in primary, secondary, vocational training, and higher education; • Educators and Trainees • Organizational and Management Concerns • Performance Measurement Concerns • Course Delivery Concerns
3. Theoretical and Pedagogical Concerns:
• Teaching and Learning Strategies and Tactics • Gamification of Learning • Collaborative Learning • Communication and Feedback Design
4. Technological Concerns:
• Intelligent User Interfaces • Interactive E-Learning Systems • Personalised Learning Environments • Multimedia Applications for E-Learning • Online Learning Infrastructures and Architectures; • Publishing Instruments
5. Ethical and Sociological Concerns:
• Accessibility for Users with Diverse Disabilities • Bullism • Equity Concerns • E-Impact learning’s on Social Change • Developing Critical Literacies • Addressing Individual Differences • Plagiarism
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before June 15, 2022, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by June 29, 2022 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines.Full chapters are expected to be submitted by October 13, 2022, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at https://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication, Advancing Equity and Inclusion Through Educational Technology. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
This comprehensive and timely publication aims to be an essential reference source, building on the available literature in Equity and Inclusion through Educational Technology field while providing further research opportunities in this dynamic and growing field. Thus, the book aims to provide the opportunity for a reflection on this crucial issue, increasing the understanding of the importance of Inclusion & Equity in the context of educational improvements, providing relevant academic work, empirical research findings, and an overview of this relevant field of study.
A book edited by Paula Escudeiro (GILT, Athena European University), Nuno Escudeiro (GILT, Athena European University) and Oscar Bernardes (GILT, Athena European University)
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global. IGI Global takes pride in having publications indexed by major indices worldwide. So long as they meet the required criteria, all IGI Global publications are submitted for indexing to indices including Web of Science, Scopus, Inspec, PsycINFO, Ei Compendex, and more. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2023.
June 15, 2022: Proposal Submission Deadline
June 29, 2022: Notification of Acceptance
October 13, 2022: Full Chapter Submission
December 11, 2022: Review Results Returned
January 22, 2023: Final Acceptance Notification
February 5, 2023: Final Chapter Submission
Inquiries can be forwarded electronically by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/6001