The United States Distance Learning Association’s International Forum for Women in eLearning (IFWE)
San Antonio, Texas
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 – Friday, December 2, 2016
Call for Proposals Now Open!
Due Date: June 17, 2016
USDLA is pleased to present the Call for Proposals for the seventh International Forum for Women in eLearning conference to be heldNovember 30 – December 2, 2016 at the Hotel Contessa, 306 W. Market Street, San Antonio, Texas. (www.thehotelcontessa.com)The 2016 conference theme developed by your very creative IFWE 2016 Program Committee is: IFWE: Connecting the eLearning World
To complement the theme, the committee has selected six topic areas in Connect -themed tracks for which we are soliciting presentations. The topic areas are:
- Making the connection: eLearning access and diversity
- Interconnection: Networking and developing the leadership of today and tomorrow
- Linking the connections: Mentoring and “herstory” including your story on how you got involved in distance education
- Techconnect: Effective use of technology and best practices
- Disconnect: Recharge your work life balance
- Re-connect: The role of social media in maintaining and establishing relationships
Presentations are encouraged across a broad perspective of eLearning, as the conference participants typically represent all constituencies and types of eLearning. The primary constituencies include higher education, K-12 education, military, workforce and corporate training, but all are welcome. Please be specific in your description and submission about the topic or topic areas your presentation will primarily target.
We are planning three types of sessions this year:
- Concurrent Sessions – These sessions provide an opportunity for 1-hour presentations in your field of expertise. Your session should include adequate time for questions at the end of your presentation. (Teams of co-presenters are welcome and encouraged)
- Pre-conference Workshops– These are 1.5 hour workshops where presenters lead participants in new directions and allow them to practice new skills. Unfortunately, we do not have a facility for computer-based hands-on workshops. (Teams of co-presenters are welcome and encouraged)
- Poster Sessions – Poster sessions are presented during the IFWE Opening Reception. Poster presenters will be provided a table where they can set up an actual standing poster that describes their project or program. The presenter can also have handouts and other materials on the table. During the poster session, IFWE participants will have a chance to visit with all of the presenters.
We recommend that proposals be specific about the value provided to attendees. Please do not plan to make a sales presentation. Proposals should be focused on innovative issues and working solutions.
Important Requirement: All presenters must register for the full conference.
Proposals are due on June 17, 2016
IFWE participants will expect well-delivered presentations containing quality information that is of practical value to their day-to-day personal and professional lives. Each proposal will be reviewed by the IFWE Program Committee. Reviewers will look for clear descriptions. Considerable weight is given to proposals that specify session learning objectives and clearly describe why the content will be relevant and valuable to attendees.
Status of Proposals and Notification:
You will be contacted no later than August 19, 2016 about the status of your proposal. If your proposal is accepted, the lead presenter will receive an email containing information relevant to your presentation. Lead presenters are responsible for forwarding all information to their co-presenters.
The conference will provide a standard set up (LCD data/video projector and screen). We have limited space for sessions that require Internet connectivity. If you require Internet, please state that clearly in your proposal. You will need to provide your own laptop computer and speakers if your presentation requires sound. House sound will not be provided in the session rooms.
Preparing your proposal:
Please be specific and clear when you provide the required information requested on the electronic proposal submission system. Please make note of the email you use to create your profile and the Registrant ID you are assigned when in the system.
You can edit your proposal before submitting by entering the system using your Email address and Registrant ID. Please note that only proposals that are submitted will be reviewed by the Program Committee. You may edit your proposal until June 17, 2016. Once a proposal is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
Please contact Kim Airasian at email@example.com with any questions or technical problems regarding your proposal submission.
Good luck with your proposal!
We look forward to seeing you at IFWE 2016!