I recently found this great list of guest speakers that Curtis Bonk has had in his class this semester.
Call for chapters for Tactics of Belonging in Higher Education. Inclusion and belonging in higher education. More information here: https://pages.vassar.edu/belonging-in-higher-education/call-for-proposals/
The following list was adapted from Clayton R. Wright’s Educational Technology and Education Conferences List #46. Please refer to Wright’s complete list for other conferences as well as each conference website for more details. Each year I attend AECT, AERA, and 1-2 other conferences. I use this list to identify what other conferences I might attend. Thus, this list is focused on my research interests and/or convenient or interesting locations. However, with COVID-19, conference travel has stopped and moved virtual in most places. Double-check each conference because some more are bound to be canceled.
- November 16-19, 2021 The Design + Accessibility Summit. Organized by CreativePro. Offered online. https://creativeproweek.com/introducing-the-design-accessibility-summit/
- November 17, 2021 EdTech and Digital Learning: Innovate, Engage, Inspire. (Designed for college and university personnel). To be held online and in London, United Kingdom. https://diglearningconference.com/
- November 17-19, 2021 Illinois Education and Technology Conference (IETC), 28th annual. Crowne Plaza Hotel, Springfield, Illinois, USA and online. https://www.il-edtech.org/
- November 17-19, 2021 Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) Annual Conference, 47th. (“…place for leaders to connect and network with industry experts from postsecondary education, workforce and economic development, and industry “, 2,000+ attendees). In 2021, this event will be held online and at the Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, California, USA. https://www.cael.org/events or https://www.cael.org/events/2021-cael-conference
- November 18, 2021 Media and Learning Online: Managing and Innovating Video-based Services in Higher Education(Previously held in Stuk, Leuven, Belgium.) In fall 2021, this event will be held online. http://www.media-and-learning.eu/ or https://media-and-learning.eu/event/media-learning-online-autumn-2021/
- November 18, 2021 How to Effectively Use Zoom to Provide an Interactive and Engaged Learning Experience to Students. Organized by Contact North, Ontario, Canada. Offered online. https://teachonline.ca/webinars or https://contactnorth.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bNMbOwgoSpSziWTstSmiCA
- November 18, 2021 A Conversation with the International Alliance of Research Library Associations (IARLA) about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Where We Are, Where We Are Going. To be held online. https://www.arl.org/events/list/ or https://www.arl.org/event/a-conversation-with-iarla-about-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-where-we-are-where-we-are-going/
- November 18-21, 2021 National Communication Association (NCA)Convention: Renewal and Transformation, 107th annual. Seattle, Washington, USA. http://www.natcom.org/convention/ or https://www.natcom.org/nca-107th-annual-convention-renewal-and-transformation
- November 22-24, 2021 World Congress on Special Needs Education (WCSNE). (Normally held in London, United Kingdom.) In 2021, this event will be held online. https://wcsne.org/
- November 24, 2021 Inclusion of Learners with Disabilities in Open and Distance Learning in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Organized by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Partnership on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNPRPD). Offered online from Almaty, Kazakhstan. https://en.unesco.org/events?page=3 or https://events.unesco.org/event?id=3338797604&lang=1033
- November 25, 2021 The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Conference. Organized by the University of Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom. To be held online. http://www.salford.ac.uk/spd/conferences or https://spdsendconf.vfairs.com/
- November 25, 2021 South Network: Digital Accessibility as the Fundamental Building Block for Good User Experience. Organized by the Association of University Administrators (AUA). To be held online via Zoom. https://aua.ac.uk/events/ or https://aua.ac.uk/events/south-network-digital-accessibility-as-the-fundamental-building-block-for-good-user-experience/
- November 29-December 3, 2021 International Meeting on Distance Education: Action and Transformation for Sustainable Education, 29th. Organized by the Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico. This event will be held online. https://encuentro.udgvirtual.udg.mx/
December 2021 – 170 Events
- December 2-3, 2021 National Disability Summit, 12th annual. (The purpose of the event is to discuss and review “the progress and initiatives in supporting people with disability and their families to maximise independence and participation by creating greater choice”.) To be delivered online and at the Crown Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne, Australia. https://www.informa.com.au/event/conference/policy-and-government/national-disability-summit/
January 2022 – 171 Events
- January 4-7, 2022 Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 55th. Organized by the Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawaii at Mona. Hyatt Regency Maui, Hawaii, USA. http://www.hicss.org/ or http://hicss.hawaii.edu/
- January 4-February 15, 2022 Instructional Design Certificate. Organized by the Association for Talent Development (ATD, formerly the American Society for Training and Development, ASTD). Offered on a variety of possible dates. Held online and in a variety of locations such as Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia, USA. https://www.td.org/education/search-all-programs or https://www.td.org/education-courses/instructional-design-certificate
- January 16-19, 2022 Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Special Education Convention and Expo, 100th. Marriott World Center, Orlando, Florida, USA. https://cecconvention.org/ or https://exceptionalchildren.org/convention
- January 25-28, 2022 Florida Educational Technology (FETC) Conference: The Future of Education Technology Conference, 42nd. Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida, USA. http://www.fetc.org/
- January 26-27, 2022 Learning Technologies France. (7,000 attendees) Porte de Versailles, Paris, France. http://www.learningtechnologiesfrance.com/en or http://www.ilearningforum.org/
- January 27-30, 2022 Learning Disabilities Association (LDA) International Conference: Building Connections, Creating Opportunities, 59th annual. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. http://ldaamerica.org/events/annual-conference/
February 2022 – 165 events
- February 2-4, 2022 National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NTCM) Regional Conference. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. https://www.nctm.org/events/
- February 2-4, 2022 Northwest Council for Computer Education (NCCE): Leadership, Innovation, Learning, 51st. Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, Washington, USA. http://www.ncce.org/ or https://ncce.org/conference2022/
- February 10-12, 2022 Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE), 26th annual. Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort and Spa, Henderson (near Las Vegas), Nevada, USA. https://amte.net/content/2022-annual-amte-conference
- February 11-16, 2022 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Annual Meeting. Chicago, Illinois, USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- February 14-17, 2022 Illinois Digital Educators Alliance Conference (IDEAcon): “To inspire, connect and provide the educational community with opportunities that transform teaching and learning through technology”. Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel, Schaumburg, Illinois, USA. https://www.ideaillinois.org/calendar or https://www.ideaillinois.org/event-4479223
- February 14-18, 2022 Ohio Educational Technology Conference (OETC). (Usually held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA.) In 2022, this event will be held online. http://oetc.ohio.gov/
- February 14-19, 2022 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Annual Meeting, 102nd. Chicago, Illinois, USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- February 14-20, 2022 Designing with Accessibility in Mind. Organized by the Online Learning Consortium (OLC). Offered on different dates, online. https://my.onlinelearningconsortium.org/OLC/s/institute-schedule?id=a2n1U000000b3EC or https://my.onlinelearningconsortium.org/s/community-event?id=a1Y1U0000041E9ZUAU
- February 20-23, 2022 Instructional Technology Council (ITC) eLearning Conference, annual. Bally’s Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. http://www.itcnetwork.org/ or https://www.itcnetwork.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=8&Itemid=115&year=2022&month=02&day=20&title=2022-annual-conference-elearning&uid=68f521ab3f04e1eeab179fa946896d7a
- February 21-March 4, 2022 Universal Design for Learning (UDL)Facilitating Online Learning (FLO). Organized by BCcampus, British Columbia, Canada. Offered online. https://bccampus.ca/events/
- February 23-25, 2022 Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Commons Conference. Hyatt Regency, Savannah, Georgia, USA. https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/sotlcommons/
- February 28-March 1, 2022 Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity: Mobilize for Action, 37th annual. (Previously held in the Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.) In 2022, this event will be held online. www.pacrim.hawaii.edu
March 2022 – 213 Events
- March 3-4, 2022 Expo eLearning, 21st. (8,000+ attendees from 37 countries) Madrid Fair, Madrid, Spain. http://www.expoelearning.com/
- March 4-6, 2022 American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) Conference: Rethink, Reshape, Reimagine, Revolutionize – Growing the Profession Post Pandemic, 74th annual. (2,000+ attendees) New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. http://www.aacte.org/professional-development-and-events/annual-meeting
- March 4-6, 2022 International Conference on Information and Computer Technologies (ICICT), 5th. Co-organized by Illinois State University, University of Hawai’i Maui College and Engineering at the University of North Dakota. New York City, New York, USA. http://www.icict.org/
- March 4-6, 2022 Equity and Human Rights Conference. Organized by the California Teachers Association. (Previously held at the Marriott Hotel, Santa Clara, California, USA.) In 2022, location to be announced. https://ctago.org/future-conferences/ or https://www.cta.org/event/equity-human-rights-conference-2022
- March 5-7, 2022 American Council on Education (ACE) Annual Meeting 104th. Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, San Diego, California, USA. https://www.aceannualmeeting.org/event/1a0e1fa5-df16-47a3-b5c0-060d6021cfb3/summary?RefId=2022-Event-Tile&_ga=2.83779090.521612456.1633905043-706289325.1633905043
- March 10, 2022 Group on Diversity and Inclusion Professional Development Conference. Organized by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). The Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C., USA. https://www.aamc.org/professional-development/events
- March 10-12, 2022 Group on Diversity and Inclusion Professional Development Conference. Organized by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). The Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C., USA. https://www.aamc.org/professional-development/events
- March 13-18, 2022 California State University (CSUN) Assistive Technology Conference, 37th annual. Anaheim Marriott, Anaheim, California, USA. https://www.csun.edu/cod/conference/sessions/2022/ or http://www.csun.edu/cod/conference/
- March 14, 2022 International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics (ICTCM), 33rd. (Previously scheduled to be held in Orlando, Florida, USA.) In 2022, this event will be held, online. https://www.pearson.com/us/campaigns/ICTCM-reimagined/2022.html or https://www.pearson.com/us/about/news-events/events.html
- March 17-19, 2022 Diversity, Equity, and Student Success: More Than Just Words. Organized by the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans Louisiana, USA. http://www.aacu.org/events or https://www.aacu.org/events/2022-diversity-equity-and-student-success
- March 17-19, 2022 Computer-Using Educators (CUE) National Conference, annual. To be held online and in Palm Springs, California, USA. http://www.cue.org/conference/ or http://spring.cue.org/ or https://web.cvent.com/event/196d71cf-46b5-476f-8ccf-c3c4dba3a4d2/websitePage:d96aee74-d6aa-4c93-8bcb-048abaf2c09e
- March 19, 2022 Penn State Symposium for Teaching and Learning with Technology. Organized by Pennsylvania State University. In 2022, this event will be held online and at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania, USA. http://symposium.tlt.psu.edu/
- March 21-23, 2022 Texas Distance Learning Association (TxDLA) Conference, 25th annual. In 2022, this event will be held in-person in Galveston Texas, USA and online April 7-8, 2022. http://www.txdla.org/ or https://conference21.txdla.org/
- March 21-27, 2022 Fundamentals: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Accessibility. Organized by the Online Learning Consortium (OLC). Offered on different dates, online. https://my.onlinelearningconsortium.org/OLC/s/institute-schedule?id=a2n1U000000b3EC or https://my.onlinelearningconsortium.org/s/community-event?id=a1Y1U0000041JmGUAU
- March 23-May 3, 2022 Online Teaching and Learning in Action. Facilitated by the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Offered online. https://www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/two-week-online-programs or https://www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/program/online-teaching-and-learning-action
- March 29-April 1, 2022 Northwest Managers of Educational Technology (NWMET) Conference. Hosted by North Idaho College, the University of Idaho, and Lewis-Clark State College. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, USA. http://www.nwmet.org/ or http://nwmet.org/conference/
- March 31, 2022 Midwest Education Technology Conference (METC), 39th. St.Louis and Kansas City, Missouri, USA. https://edplus.org/index.php?pageID=533584_3
- April 1-5, 2022 The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Annual Conference: Evolving Together, 126th(?). Hyatt Regency Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA. https://www.hlcommission.org/Programs-Events/conference.html
- April 3-5, 2022 Technology and Innovation in Education (TIE) Conference, 36th. (1,500 attendees) Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA. https://www.tie.net/conference or https://www.eventsquid.com/event.cfm?id=8238
- April 6-8, 2022 Digital Learning Symposium: Leading Flexible Learning Models, Environments, and Online Instructional Approaches, 19th annual. Organized by CANeLearn. Delta Hotels by Marriott Burnaby Conference Centre, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. https://canelearn.net/home/learn/events/
- April 6-8, 2022 (Alternate date, April 20-22, 2022) National Association of Branch Campus Administrators (NABCA), 25th annual.
- April 10-14, 2022 TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design): A New Era. Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. https://www.ted.com/attend/conferences or https://ted2022.ted.com/?ted-conf
- April 11-12, 2022 Future Innovation Technology and Creativity (FITC). To be offered online and in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. https://fitc.ca/events/ or https://fitc.ca/events/all/
- April 11-14, 2022 Online Learning (previously, Sloan) Consortium (OLC) and the Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) OLC Innovate. Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas, USA. (Note there will also be an online version of this conference held March 28-April 1, 2022.) https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/attend-2022/innovate/ or http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/annualconferences
- April 11-15, 2022 Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) International Conference, 33rd annual. Organized by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Offered online and in San Diego, California, USA. http://site.aace.org/conf/ or https://www.aace.org/
- April 12-14, 2022 Technology, Colleges, and Community (TCC) Worldwide Online Conference: Making Waves – Innovation in Learning, 27th annual. Held online. http://tcchawaii.org/ or https://2021.tcconlineconference.org/
- April 12-14, 2022 National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA) Annual Conference: Reimagining Equity and Access for a
- April 14-15, 2022 International Conference on Multimedia Technology and Enhanced Learning (ICMTEL), 4th. Organized by the European Alliance for Innovation (EAI). Leicester, United Kingdom. https://icmtel.eai-conferences.org/2022/ or https://eai.eu/#!/publish/conferences
- April 15-16, 2022 International Conference on Technology, Knowledge and Society: Trust, Surveillance, Democracy, 18th. National Changhua University of Education, Changhua City, Taiwan. https://techandsoc.com/2022-conference
- April 15-16, 2022 International Conference on e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies: Ubiquitous Learning, 15th. National Changhua University of Education, Changhua City, Taiwan. https://ubi-learn.com/2022-conference or https://ubi-learn.com/
- April 20-22, 2022 Learning Solutions Conference and Expo. Organized by the Learning Guild, Orlando, Florida, USA. https://www.learningsolutionscon.com/about or https://www.elearningguild.com/
- April 22-25, 2022 American Educational Research Association(AERA) Annual Meeting: Cultivating Equitable Education Systems for the 21st Century. (15,000+ attendees from 80+ countries) San Diego, California, USA. http://www.aera.net/
- April 24-28, 2022 International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)Conference: Celebrating Our Past – Accelerating the Future of Performance Improvement, 60th. Nashville, Tennessee, USA. http://www.ispi.org/ or https://ispi.org/mpage/THE_2022_Annual_Conference_Call_for_Speaker
- April 27-29, 2022 Higher Educational Research Development Institute (HERDI) Spring Conference. New York City, New York, USA. https://www.herdi.org/herdi-conferences
- April ?, 2022 Open Education (OER20) Conference, 13th annual. Organized by the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). Previously held online April 21-22, 2021 and in London, United Kingdom. The 2022 event will be a blended event. https://www.alt.ac.uk/events/open-education-conference
- April ? 2022 Web Developer Conference (WDC), 11th. Hamburg, Germany. http://www.web-developer-conference.de/
- May 15-18, 2022 Association for Talent Development (ATD) International Conference and Expo: People, Perspectives, Potential. (ATD, formerly the American Society for Training and Development, ASTD) (9,000 attendees from 80+ countries) Orlando, Florida, USA and online. https://atdconference.td.org/ or https://www.td.org/Events/Conferences or https://www.td.org/education-courses/search-all-programs
- May 16-17, 2022 Australian Council for Educational Leaders (ACEL) National Disability and Inclusion Conference. Sofitel Brisbane, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. https://www.acel.org.au/acel/ACELWEB/Events/ACELWEB/Active/Events_List.aspx?DisplayAreaOptions=No&hkey=eadd7e42-5c57-46a5-8e02-1382dc3be18e
- May 16-18, 2022 International Conference on Networked Learning: A Research-based Conference on Hybrid and Lifelong Networked Learning in a Postdigital Era, 13th biennial. Mid Sweden University (Mittuniversitetet), Sundsvall, Sweden. http://www.networkedlearning.aau.dk/NLC2022/ or http://www.networkedlearning.aau.dk/
- May 18, 2022 ASCD Virtual Symposium: Empowered Principals – Reflect and Renew. (ASCD, formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development) Offered online. https://www.ascd.org/events/symposium-empowered-principals or https://www.ascd.org/events
- May 18-19, 2022 Thinking Digital: Technology, Ideas, and Our Future, 14th(?) annual. The Sage Gateshead, Gateshead, United Kingdom. http://www.thinkingdigital.co.uk/
- May 23-25, 2022 Open Education Global. (This conference was previously scheduled to be held September 27-October 1, 2021 with a focus on presentations and activities from around the world showing the connection of open education to the UNESCO Open Educational Resources Recommendation.” – Capacity Building, Policy, Access, Sustainability and International Cooperation.) University of Nantes, Nantes, France. https://conference.oeglobal.org/2021/oeglobal-conference-update/
- May 23-25, 2022 Community College Cyber Summit (3CS), 8th annual. Organized by the National CyberWatch Center, National Resource Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance (CSSIA), and National Cybersecurity Training and Education Center (NCyTE). Sinclair Community College, Dayton/Centerville, Ohio, USA. https://www.my3cs.org/
- May 23-26, 2022 International Design Conference, 17th. (“Discussion and further development of all aspects of design knowledge from cognition and philosophy, to methods and tools, from research theory to practice”) Cavtat, Croatia. https://www.designresearchsociety.org/events/call-for-papers-design-2022-conference-the-design-society or https://www.designconference.org/topics or https://www.designconference.org/
- May 23-26, 2022 Electronic Conference on Teaching Statistics (eCOTS): Preparing the Modern Student. Organized by the Consortium for the Advancement of Undergraduate Statistics Education (CAUSE). Offered online. https://www.causeweb.org/cause/ecots/ecots22 or https://www.causeweb.org/cause/events
- May 23-30, 2022 EATEL Summer School on Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL), 16th. Simantro Beach Hotel, Halkidiki, Greece. https://ea-tel.eu/events/16th-eatel-summer-school-on-technology-enhanced-learning-2020-2
- May 23-June 17, 2022 Understanding and Supporting Student Transfer Success. Organized by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, USA. Offered online. https://sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/national_resource_center/events/online_courses/index.php#hartman or https://sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/national_resource_center/events/index.php
- May 24-25, 2022 British Educational Training and Technology Show(BETT) Asia, 8th. The Arhenee Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. https://asia.bettshow.com/
- May 26-30, 2022 International Communication Association (ICA) Conference: One World, One Network, 72nd annual. Paris, France. https://www.icahdq.org/page/ICA21FAQ
- May 31-June 3, 2022 State University of New York (SUNY) Conference on Instruction and Technology (CIT), 29th(?) annual. SUNY Oswego, New York, USA. https://cit.suny.edu/cit-2022/
- June 2-3, 2022 Media and Learning: University of the Future – Mediated, Pixelated, Hybrid or Virtual, annual. (300 attendees) Organized by the Media and Learning, Secretariat, Belgium. Leuven, Belgium. https://media-and-learning.eu/event/media-learning-conference-2022/ or https://media-and-learning.eu/series/media-and-learning-conferences-and-events/
- June 6-10, 2022 International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) Annual Meeting: International Collaboration toward Educational Innovation for All – Overarching Research, Development, and Practices. Hosted by Shizuoka University, Senshu University and Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan. https://2022.isls.org/ or https://www.isls.org/annual-meeting/
- June 6-10, 2022 Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) Conference: Reconnecting and Reconstructing – Perspectives on Teaching and Learning, 40th annual. Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. https://www.stlhe.ca/events/ or https://www.stlhe.ca/conferences/2022-stlhe-annual-conference/
- June 14-17, 2022 European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI) SIG13 Conference: Moral and Democratic Education – Creating Democratic Societies, Making Democracy Sustainable, University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway. https://www.uia.no/en/conferences-and-seminars/earli-sig13-conference-2022
- June 15-17, 2022 (In)Tangible Heritage(s): A Conference on Design, Culture and Technology – Past, Present, and Future. Organized by the University of Kent. Canterbury, United Kingdom. http://architecturemps.com/canterbury-2022/
- June 15-19, 2022 Innovations in Learning and Technology for the Workplace and Higher Education, 15th. (Formerly the International Conference on E-Learning in the Workplace, ICELW) Organized by Learning Ideas, New York City. To be held online and in New York City, New York, USA. https://www.learningideasconf.org/
- June 19-23, 2022 Pacific Northwest Great Teaching Seminar (PNWGTS), 41st annual. Organized by Umpqua Community College. Menucha Retreat and Conference Center, Corbett, Oregon, USA. https://www.pcc.edu/about/events/great-teaching-seminar/
- June 20-23, 2022 EdMedia World Conference on Educational Media and Technology and Innovate Learning. Organized by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). New York City, New York, USA. https://www.aace.org/conf/edmedia/ or https://www.aace.org/
- June 26-29, 2022 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference and Expo: Empowering Educators, Elevating Equity. (20,000+ attendees from 81 countries) New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. https://conference.iste.org/2022/?_ga=2.80369239.1575963002.1634336631-1196258913.1633931291 or https://www.iste.org/iste-events
- June 26-July1, 2022 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), 24th. (Previously held in Washington, D.C., USA.) In 2022, this event will be held online. http://www.hci.international/index.php?module=conference¤t=1&MMN_position=6:6 or https://2022.hci.international/
- June 29-July 1, 2022 Online Teaching Conference (OTC): Empowering the Online Teaching Community for Over 20 years. Presented by CCCTECHCONNECT. Sponsored by the California Community Colleges Online Education Initiative. Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, California, USA. http://www.onlineteachingconference.org/
- July 1-4, 2022 International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT) and Technology-enhanced Learning, 22nd. Organized by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society and IEEE. Bucharest, Romania. https://tc.computer.org/tclt/icalt-2022/ or https://www.computer.org/portal/web/conferences/calendar
- July 2-6, 2022 National Education Association (NEA) Annual Meeting and Representative Assembly. (9,000 attendees) Dallas, Texas, USA. http://ra.nea.org/about/future-meeting-locations/ or https://ra.nea.org/
- July 7-9, 2022 International Conference on Information, Communication Technologies in Education (ICICTE), 21st. Rhodes Island, Greece. http://www.icicte.org/
- July 11-15, 2022 Digital Inclusion, Assistive Technology and Accessibility. Jointly organized by the Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe(AAATE) and International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP). This would be ICCHP’s 18th biennial conference. Politecnico di Milano, Lecco, Italy. https://aaate.net/activities/conferences/ or https://icchp-aaate.org/
- July 18-22, 2022 Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) Annual Conference: Equity and Excellence – Access in Higher Education, 45th. Cleveland Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. https://www.ahead.org/home or https://www.ahead.org/events-programming/conferences/future-past-conferences or https://www.ahead.org/events-programming/conferences/2022-proposals-resources
- July 19-22, 2022 International Symposium on Educational Technology (ISET): Technological Innovation – Re-thinking and Re-Defining the Learning Process, 8th. Sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Organized by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, City University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Metropolitan Unversity. Hong Kong, China. http://www.aimtech.cityu.edu.hk/iset2022/ or https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/index.html
- July 19-22, 2022 International Conference on Blended Learning (ICBL): Engaging Students in the New Normal Era, 15th. Sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Organized by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, City University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Metropolitan University. Hong Kong, China. http://www.aimtech.cityu.edu.hk/icbl2022/
- July 22, 2022 Learning with Innovative Technology Conference, 7th annual. Organized by SUNY Empire State College, New York, USA. In 2022, this event will be offered free and held online. https://www.esc.edu/lit/
- July 22-24, 2022 Equality, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) Conference: Disruption, 15th. To be held online and in Cape Town, South Africa. https://www.edi-conference.org/
- July 25-30, 2022 University Film and Video Association (UFVA) Annual Conference, 76th annual. (500+ attendees) State University of New York (SUNY) at Fredonia. Fredonia, New York, USA. http://ufva.org/2022-conference/ or https://ufva.site-ym.com/
- July 29-August 2, 2022 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Summer Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- August 1-5, 2022 Digital Pedagogy Lab. Hosted by the School of Education and Human Development, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA. In 2022, the event will be offered online. https://digitalpedagogylab.com/
- August 4-5, 2022 International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology (SoICT, covering artificial intelligence, big data, communication networking, image and natural language processing, and digital technology trends), 11th. School of Information and Communication Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Viet Nam. https://soict.org/
- August 4-6, 2022 American Psychological Association (APA) Annual Convention, 130th. (The association has over 122,000 members.) Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. https://convention.apa.org/future-conventions or https://convention.apa.org/proposals
- August 22-November 4, 2022 EDUCAUSE Learning Technology Leaders Institute. Organized by EDUCAUSE which “is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education through the use of information technology”. The event will be held online. https://events.educause.edu/educause-institute/learning-technology-leadership-institute/2022/online-2 or https://events.educause.edu/event-finder
- August 23-26, 2022 European Educational Research Association (EERA) European Conference on Educational Research (ECER): Education in a Changing World – The Impact of Global Realities on the Prospects and Experiences of Educational Research. Yerevan State University, Yerevan, Armenia. https://eera-ecer.de/ecer-2022-yerevan/
- September 5-8, 2022 British Educational Research Association (BERA) Annual Conference. University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom. https://www.bera.ac.uk/conference/bera-conference-2022
- September 6-8, 2022 International Conference of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). Manchester, United Kingdom. https://www.alt.ac.uk/altc
- September 7-9, 2022 International Conference on Universal Design: Transforming Our World through Universal Design for Human Development, 6th. Co-organized by University of Brescia, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and University of Trieste. Brescia, Italy. https://ud2022.unibs.it/
- October 24-28, 2022 Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) International Convention. Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. https://aect.org/allevents.php
- October 25-28, 2022 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference. (For higher education instructional technology professionals and technology providers). Denver, Colorado, USA. https://events.educause.edu/3-year-event-calendar
- November 14-18, 2022 Online Learning (previously, Sloan) Consortium (OLC) Accelerate International Conference: Accelerating Online Learning Worldwide. This conference will be held online November 1-3, 2022. The in-person event will be held November 14-18, 2022 at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA. https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/attend-2021/accelerate/ or http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/annualconferences
- November 16-19, 2022 National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Annual Conference and Expo, 31st. Washington, D.C., USA. http://www.naeyc.org/conference/ or https://www.naeyc.org/events/future-dates
- February 10-15, 2023 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Annual Meeting, 103rd. Jacksonville, Florida, USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- February 25-27, 2023 American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) Conference, 75th annual. JW Marriott Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. http://www.aacte.org/professional-development-and-events/annual-meeting
- March 25-29, 2023 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Annual Meeting. Jacksonville, Florida, USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- March 31-April 3, 2023 ASCD Annual Conference: The Conference for Learning, Teaching, and Leading Together. (ASCD, formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development) Denver, Colorado, USA. http://www.ascd.org/conferences/past-and-future-conferences.aspx
- June ? 2023 International Conference on Communities and Technologies, 11th biennial. The 10th was held June 21-25, 2021 in Seattle, Washington, USA. http://comtech.community/ of https://2021.comtech.community/
- July 27-August 1, 2023 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Summer Meeting. Washington, D.C., USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- August 3-5, 2023 American Psychological Association (APA) Annual Convention, 131st. Washington, D.C., USA. https://convention.apa.org/future-conventions or https://convention.apa.org/proposals
- August ?, 2023 European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI) Conference for Research on Learning and Instruction, 20th biennial. The 19th was scheduled for August 23-27, 2021 and hosted by the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. This event was held online. https://www.earli.org/EARLI2021
- October 9-12, 2023 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference. (For higher education instructional technology professionals and technology providers). Chicago, Illinois, USA. https://events.educause.edu/3-year-event-calendar
- October 13-15, 2023 ASCD Conference on Educational Leadership. (ASCD, formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development) Grapevine, Texas, USA. http://www.ascd.org/conferences/past-and-future-conferences.aspx
- October 17-21, 2023 Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) International Convention. Doubletree by Hilton, Orlando, Florida, USA. https://aect.org/allevents.php
- October 25-28, 2023 National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NTCM) Annual Conference and Exposition, 103rd. Washington, D.C., USA. https://www.nctm.org/events/ or https://www.nctm.org/Conferences-and-Professional-Development/Annual-Meeting-and-Exposition/Past-and-Future-Annual-Meetings/
- November 28-December 1, 2023 Council for Exceptional Children Division for Early Childhood Conference, 39th annual. Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. https://www.decconference.org/
- March 24-28, 2024 Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Annual Meeting. Anaheim, California, USA. https://ate1.org/annual-events
- June 27-July 2, 2024 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Meeting. (20,000+ attendees) San Diego, California, USA. http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/node/7/
- July 3-7, 2024 National Education Association (NEA) Annual Meeting and Representative Assembly. (9,000 attendees) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. http://ra.nea.org/about/future-meeting-locations/ or https://ra.nea.org/
- August 8-10, 2024 American Psychological Association (APA) Annual Convention, 132nd. Seattle, Washington, USA. https://convention.apa.org/future-conventions or https://convention.apa.org/proposals
- September 17-20, 2024 Council for Exceptional Children Division for Early Childhood Conference, 40th annual. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. https://www.decconference.org/
A volume in the series: Theory to Practice: Educational Psychology for Teachers and Teaching. Editor(s): Mike Yough, Oklahoma State University. Jane S. Vogler, Oklahoma State University. Eric M. Anderman, The Ohio State University.
Call for Chapters
We are seeking proposals for chapters in an upcoming volume, Teaching in Online, Distance, and Non-Traditional Contexts, a volume in the series Theory to Practice: Educational Psychology for Teachers and Teaching. The series is intended for instructors who teach educational psychology content in teacher preparation programs.
Educational psychology courses can be taught in a variety of formats beyond the face-to-face classroom, including fully online (asynchronous or synchronous), hybrid, or flipped environments. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the prevalence of additional multimodal options, such as environments where students in the face-to-face classroom meet simultaneously with remote students connecting through video conferencing. These formats pose both challenges and new opportunities for creating rich and engaging learning environments. For this volume, we seek chapters that will help teacher educators in these varied delivery formats create engaging courses that are theoretically grounded while taking advantage of the affordances of available technologies. Chapters may focus on helping teacher educators teach effectively in their own online or hybrid contexts or on preparing future teachers to teach in these environments.
In the Teaching in Online, Distance, and Non-Traditional Contexts volume, we seek chapters that fall into one of the following broad themes:
Part 1: Design of Online Learning Environments
? How do online/hybrid teaching and learning differ from face-to-face teaching and learning? How are they similar? What are the implications of these similarities and differences when designing online learning environments?
? How do you choose the modality (e.g., fully online versus hybrid, asynchronous versus synchronous, etc.) and technologies that best fit your content?
? What are the unique challenges (related to learning, motivation, etc.) for different modalities?
? What developmental considerations should preservice and in-service teachers consider when choosing a teaching modality? What does it mean to make sure an online or hybrid learning environment is “age-appropriate”?
? What represents well informed practice in accessibility in online teaching and learning?
? How can online/hybrid environments facilitate adapting to individual differences among learners?
? What considerations are important in online/hybrid course design with respect to culture, diversity, inclusion, and/or social justice?
Part 2: Implementation of Online Learning
? How do you create a sense of community, belonging, or social connection in online/hybrid environments?
? How do you encourage and support learner participation and engagement (behavioral, emotional, or cognitive) in online learning environments?
? What is the role of interaction in online learning? How do you facilitate different types of interaction – learner-instructor, learner-learner, and learner-content?
? What kind of support (e.g., technology, professional development, personal/professional learning networks, etc.) is needed to help instructors teach effectively in online environments?
? How is carefully planned online/hybrid teaching and learning different from the emergency remote instruction we experienced during the pandemic? What valuable lessons learned during the pandemic can inform online/hybrid course design in the future?
Part 3: Assessment, Evaluation, and Iterative Improvement of Online Learning
? What is the role of assessment (formative and summative) in online/hybrid learning environments?
? What are the challenges of assessing student performance in online/hybrid environments, and how can these challenges be overcome?
? What role does/should trace or surveillance data (e.g., clicking on topics, time spent watching video, frequency and timing of online access) play in guiding online instruction, learning, and/or assessment?
? How do you evaluate the overall success of an online course?
? Do established instructional design standards, benchmarks, or metrics (e.g., Quality Matters, Online Learning Consortium) play a role in helping instructors evaluate and improve their online courses?
Chapters may include comprehensive literature reviews, case studies of effective instructional practice, or systematic discussions of issues and areas in need of research. In all instances, chapters should focus on teaching Educational Psychology, specifically, within teacher education.
Proposals should be between 500-750 words and address the following:
? Scope and summary of the proposed chapter
? Fit to the series and volume, as well as the theme listed above
In the spirit of collaboration and mentorship, we encourage authors to include graduate students or colleagues who teach the same or similar courses as co-authors.
Proposals are due November 1, 2021. Submit proposals to Penny Thompson (email@example.com) as a .docx or .pdf attachment named FirstAuthorLastName_EdPsychOnline_Part1 (or 2 or 3). Please include a separate title page with the title, author names, degrees, and institutions, as well as contact information for the corresponding author (named FirstAuthorLastName_Title Page).
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated based on: a) usefulness to college instructors of educational psychology, b) evidence of theoretical/empirical support, c) broad accessibility and applicability of topics, d) quality of writing, and e) overall quality of ideas.
? 11/1/2021: Proposal due
? 1/15/2022: Authors notified
? 4/15/2022: Chapter due
? 6/15/2022: Feedback from editors
? 9/15/2022: Revisions due
? 2023: Chapters sent to publisher
Final chapters will be approximately 25-35 double-space pages including references, tables, and figures.
Questions should be directed to volume co-editors Cary Roseth (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Penny Thompson (email@example.com).
In this special issue, we invite researchers to submit studies on cognitive presence in online and blended learning environments. In the past decade, the Community of Inquiry (CoI) framework has gained the most attention from scholars for its capability of capturing the collaborative construction of personally meaningful and shared understanding in the online community of learners (Jan et al. 2019; Park & Shea, 2020; Stenbom 2018). According to Garrison (2017), understanding the dynamics of the collaborative process of learning is the strength of cognitive presence and the CoI framework.
Although the importance of cognitive presence to generate high-level learning in online environments is well documented in literature, researchers suggest that it is the least researched of the three constructs of the CoI framework and little progress has been made in understanding the development of cognitive presence and higher-order thinking and learning effectiveness online (Garrison, 2017; Sadaf, Wu, & Martin, under review). According to Garrison (2017), “much research is needed to fully appreciate the inquiry process (cognitive presence) that occurs in a shared learning environment.” Therefore, there remains a clear need for more conceptual and empirical research to explore processes and strategies that create and sustain conditions necessary to facilitate cognitive presence and higher-order learning in online environments.
This special issue on the topic of cognitive presence will bring together researchers working in this area and, in turn, advance various new perspectives on conceptualizations and processes related to cognitive presence. Bringing researchers together in a single issue will help advance this aspect of the field of online learning, and via an editorial, we can begin to synthesize the current work that is being done and make suggestions for future steps.
Possible Topics: Topics for the special issue include but are not limited to research on:
- Cognitive presence and the learning sciences
- Strategies to facilitate cognitive presence
- Instructional design principles and/or strategies to foster cognitive presence
- Cognitive presence and learning outcomes–perceived and actual
- Cognitive presence, learning, and emotion in online and blended learning environments
- Online student engagement and cognitive presence
- Cognitive presence and ill-structured problem solving online
- Motivational factors as predictors of cognitive presence
- Cognitive presence in different disciplines
- The relationship of cognitive presence to other forms of presence (e.g. teaching presence)
- The relationship between interaction and levels of cognitive presence
- Cognitive presence, shared metacognition, self-and co-regulated learning
Rigorous, cutting-edge qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods research articles and systematic reviews are welcome.
To notify us of your intent to submit, please send your abstract for review to Dr. Ayesha Sadaf, firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited authors will submit full manuscripts through the Open Journal System (OJS), the OLC journal system. When submitting, be sure you select the section corresponding “Advances in Cognitive Presence Special Issue of Online Learning”.
Author Guidelines include general APA Style 7th edition except for the single-spacing requirement. Papers should be about 6,000-8,000 words. The Guide for Authors can be found here: http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/read/guide-authors/ For detailed assistance with APA style, refer to Purdue Online Writing Lab: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ Please note that contributors will also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
- Indicate intention to submit to Special Issue by July 12th (Send author information, contact details, and abstract to Ayesha Sadaf)
- Invited authors notified by July 26th
- Submit full manuscript through the OLC journal system by September 20th
- Manuscripts sent out for review between September 21-23rd
- Return reviews to editors on October 11th
- Feedback from special issue editors by October 25rd
- Return revised articles to editors by November 22th
- Additional revisions as requested (date TBD)
- Send manuscripts for copyediting on December 20th (absolute last day to be included)
- Special Issue published March 2022 (anticipated)
*Final acceptance will not be notified until fully revised manuscripts have been submitted.
Special Issue Guest Editors
Dr. Ayesha Sadaf, email@example.com
Dr. Larisa Olesova, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Martha Cleveland-Innes, email@example.com
Dr. Nathaniel Ostashewski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Peter Shea, email@example.com
Online Learning, the official journal of the Online Learning Consortium promotes the development and dissemination of new knowledge at the intersection of pedagogy, emerging technology, policy, and practice in online environments. The journal has been published for over 20 years and is known to many by its former name, the Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks (JALN).
OLJ is always open to receive submissions. For more information please contact Sturdy Knight, OLJ’s Managing Editor, at Sturdy.Knight@onlinelearning-c.org