Tech Trends Special Issue: Division of Organizational Training and Performance
The Division of Organizational Training and Performance of AECT is sponsoring a special issue of Tech Trendsrelated to trends, issues, best practices and current research in organizational training and performance.
Special Issue Co-Editors
Nancy B. Hastings
University of West Florida
Jennifer A. Bauman
Submissions should align with the Division Mission to bridge the gap between research and practice, facilitating communication, collaboration and sharing between academics, students and practitioners across multiple disciplines interested in applying current theory and research to training and performance improvement initiatives. The following is a non-exhaustive list of possible topic ideas:
· Applications of performance improvement processes in organizational settings
· Performance, gap and cause analysis in organizational settings
· Change management
· Informal learning
· Employee development (leadership, faculty, etc.)
· Technology’s role/impact on organizational training and performance
· The application of UDL in organization training
· Gamification in organizational training and performance
· The relationship between theory and practice in organizational training and performance
Expected publication date: January 2017
Articles should follow the writing style guidelines for Tech Trends. Submissions should be 4000-5000 words in length (10-15 pages) and abstracts should not exceed 150 words. Use APA formatting throughout.
Please submit a brief overview (approx. 500 words) of proposed articles to Nancy Hastings at email@example.com initial review. If accepted for review, you will be directed to a Tech Trends portal for this special issue where you will submit your full article per the schedule below.
We kindly ask authors to also serve as reviewers for other submissions. Given your expertise in organizational training and performance, your peer review feedback is extremely valuable. If you are willing to serve in this capacity please contact Nancy Hastings (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jenny Bauman (email@example.com) to volunteer. Thank you.
· February 29-Email submission of ideas due
· April 11 – Full submissions due
· May 23 – Decisions made; feedback sent
· July 4 – Revisions due
· August 1 – Feedback on revised manuscripts
· August 29 – Revisions due